Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default slow start up Designer ProX

Is anyone having, or continuing to have, very slow start up when first opening Designer ProX in win10 64bit, or for that matter any other version of windows? For me its a matter of remembering to start it opening before going to make a cup of tea or else the temptation to keep clicking the icon results in eventually several instances of Designer opening.
    If others are experiencing this then its not so bad because I'll know it not me, but the wait for opening time is definitely the longest of any software I use.

Default Re: slow start up Designer ProX

10 seconds from clicking s/cut on d/top to program fully open [but this is not the first time I have had it open this windows session, it's possible it would take longer first time. more things to check]

Xara Designer Pro X 12.4.1.47518 DL x64 Nov 17 2016
    Windows 10 pro ver 1607
    AMD FX / 32GB ram / SSD
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

14 seconds.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Do you keep the files you're working on open when you close the program and have the option "Backup open documents on program close and restore on program start" selected (Utilities/Options/Backups)? If so, this may be a cause for slow start-up times, certainly when the open files are large.

good point - I for one never do this
    Nothing lasts forever...

6 seconds with one website open.

Derek - Which version of DPX are you using? There was an issue with the older versions loading the brushes which was taking much longer.

Two seconds with nothing open. 6 seconds with a image-rich page.

Check what your firewall is doing as XDPX365 connects to the Web (excessively?).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

2 sec is pretty fast - get the XDPX365/12 splash in that time but not the opened editor... still there are things going on in the background on my computer
    Nothing lasts forever...

Also, if I remember correctly, the start-up time is longer when extra brushes have been added to the default brush folder because they are all loaded into memory for immediate use.

just fired up the HP Pavilion laptop [intel i3 8GB ram hdd] - took a minute to load first time; there after about 10secs - no other user tasks running
    Nothing lasts forever...