Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP Logo update

Default Re: HP Logo update

As someone pointed out, it could also be bp
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

As someone pointed out, it could also be bp
    Well yes. But the echo of the exaggerated ascenders and descenders of the famous hp logo would suggest to most the hp logo. But I'm keen to continue arguing for the sake of argument if you are.

I would argue that might only be the case if you were already aware of hp as a brand in need of a logo update and it was that well established in your head; I've been using HP products since hewlett met packard and I would still not have been able to draw their logo from memory - this one I might remember, but only because of the simplicity that borders on cheek...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

.... famous hp logo ....
    I wouldn't say famous but whilst there old logo clearly states hp most people could at least guess hewlett packard, but the new one has no alphabetical characters and I bet not many people would stab at it being hp.

I have a very large hp logo on my desktop tower which I must view subconsciously many time a day but I'd never make the leap to this new one being hp
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have to say that I think the new logo is poor. Why ? Because it requires the viewer to know what it represents in order to understand what it means.
    It is only obvious to those in the know.
    I came up with this logo which I think is a little more elegant and clear in meaning.
    - Andrew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Version-2 New HP logo- 2016-opt.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	115726  
    Last edited by AndFarr; 28 December 2016 at 07:11 AM.