Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP Logo update

Default HP Logo update

HP has updated their logo for their new flagship computer, the Spectre (if I were going to buy a laptop, how could I not but this machine?)

And for this model HP have updated their hp logo which is getting a bit long in the tooth.

I really love how they simplified the current logo down to the basic strokes. It still says hp but in a much more streamlined and straight ahead way.

I might have to buy that computer just because it is so exceptionally well designed.

Default Re: HP Logo update

very nice laptop Gary; if I needed a new one I would be very tempted, especially if the PCIe SSD can be upgraded from 256GB in due course and the [digital] audio output is up to snuff

logo? well not really my thing I'm a cartoonist not a designer and to me it looks like two sets of two short planks; maybe I'm old fashioned or perverse, I'll get used to it no doubt
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I had quite a play with this laptop in a Costco store very recently. It was the top spec. one with touch screen but at £1500 too expensive for a laptop even though they were giving a £100 cashback from that price. Looked better made than the M/soft Surface Pro and cheaper but still too pricey in my opinion. Yes Gary I saw the simplistic logo as well and thought it suited the style of this machine with it all aluminium look. Looked cool!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    I had quite a play with this laptop in a Costco store very recently. It was the top spec. one with touch screen but at £1500 too expensive for a laptop even though they were giving a £100 cashback from that price. Looked better made than the M/soft Surface Pro and cheaper but still too pricey in my opinion. Yes Gary I saw the simplistic logo as well and thought it suited the style of this machine with it all aluminium look. Looked cool!
    It must be more expensive in Scotland.
    Much cheaper down in England! And you get a 3-Year warranty at John Lewis.
    Look at John Lewis' website. That's assuming we're talking about the same Laptop?!

EDIT: Ah! OK. You guys are talking about this one. Still much cheaper at John Lewis. And still a 3-Year warranty.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

depends what you want...

we have an SSD, low voltage memory, laptop that is thin enough to go into a briefcase and will last 10 hours without charge - it cost 200 GBP

but it only has a 32GB SSD and 2GB ram - fine for MS office and browser, and as it was bought for library use pretty ideal; but no good for graphics etc, and to upgrade win 10 to 1607 need to plug in usb otherwise not enough storage space to do the job

other half loves it

horses for courses

I like the look of the HP, but I'm looking with different eyes, at the technical stuff and the build quality [though untested as of present I will admit]
    Nothing lasts forever...

There was a problem last night with attachments (fixed now). So here are the visual materials I was going to post last night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hp-old.png 
Views:	1102 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	115718   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hp-logo-redesign_640.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	115719  

that reminds me gary - we are due in london in the new year and due a revist to the tate; I remember the blank canvas with the stripe down the side, from way back in the day... was it art?... guess that's in the eye of the beholder...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

thanks egg for the link

see, the product is what counts, which in Hp's case is good; logo: who cares at the end of the day, except I cannot let the designers get away with saying what they do is special
    Nothing lasts forever...

Doesn't look like an h or a p to me; I would always want to complete the gylphs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat