Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Please, please, please add extended glyphs for open type fonts :)

Hi there

Would LOVE to be able to use extended glyphs for open type fonts. is that happening anytime soon in XARA designer pro?

thanks in advance
    Linda

Default Re: Please, please, please add extended glyphs for open type fonts :)

Many of us are asking for this. It remains to be seen if anyone is listening.

Don't hold your breath, Linda. There are countless requests in this forum, and all of them have gone unanswered, which is the polite way of saying that they have been completely ignored. I would even have preferred a response from Xara along the lines of "Sorry, it cannot be done" or "We don't think it's important." or even, "We don't know how to do it." But if you read between the non-existent lines, what they appear to be saying is, "We couldn't care less."
    Well, for those of us who have paid good money for Open Type fonts are getting really cheesed off that they are indistinguishable from the True Type variety in Xara.
    I thing that Xara should be ashamed that a) they have chosen to ignore these requests, and b) that they have a brass-necked cheek to brazenly refer to their product as "Pro."
    In the demotic,"They are having a laugh." They are happy enough to charge a considerable sum for their "Pro" product, but it's a sham. Come on, Xara, for goodness' sake man up and give us an answer - even if it's the wrong one!
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

First off I am a volunteer here at TG and not employed at all by Xara. In my experience Xara has never released information on new features or updates until they are actually released to the public. This has been their policy for many years and not something I would expect to change. So while yes this is something that has been asked for many times in the past (by me as well as others) It could be possible that they are working toward adding this feature in the future. In the latest release there were some improvements made to address kerning issues with open type fonts, it could be possible that this is groundwork for more, or we could continue to wait for this feature for who knows how long.

IMO the ones who don't listen are not the folks at Xara but those at Magix who control the purse strings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.