Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I am loving my new software program

Hi
    Thanks to Acorn and Egg Bramhill for the prompt reply.

Barry

Hi All
    I'm a bit concerned. Yesterday I was editing the lowermost section of my web page. Company name, address etc.
    I added a bit of text under the default text. I believe I then did a preview. As they say, the sh*$#@ hit the fan.
    A unrecoverable error dialogue popped up. Locked up Xara and I still haven`t found my current version of the site.
    I have many backups. If I want to open a backup what is the file type in the backup folder that loads the web back
    in the development environment?

Barry
    Last edited by golash; 12 January 2017 at 08:36 AM. Reason: A unrecoverable error

Barry,

Go:
    File / Open Recent Files / Backups (at the bottom of the list)
    look for the correct file name
    choose the one with the latest date
    Open and resave

The filetype will be .xar or .web

Best of luck
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg Bramhill
    That worked fine. I thought I lost my recent work. As a precaution I backed up
    the most recent version to one drive.

Thanks Barry

Great
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi All
    Moving along with the site. I have a new slideshow control placed. I run into the same problem with each control.
    How to deal with resizing and out of focus images. Hoping for a suggestion.
    http://o7w3e4.xara.hosting/diy-cnc.htm

BW Barry

Barry,

I'm only slightly newer in Xara Land than you, but I was running into the identical problem last week, and fixed it by not following the slider instructions in the dialog:

- FIrst approach: dragging image from Explorer window into slider container gave me a blurred image every time. Looked identical to your site.
    - Switched to: Select slider image > right click > selected "replace image from file" > navigated to subject image > clicked INSERT. Problem disappeared. I have no idea why.

HTH. Worth a try. Or, select the slider boilerplate image > From upper menu, select FILE > IMPORT, and remainder of steps are same as #2 above. Eventually, I got nice sharp images.

Jack

Hey Jack
    Bad luck for me. Very certain I followed your instructions. Last time I was inserting thumbnails by mistake.
    That caused the problem. I`ll try again.
    Thanks

I found my original images on google drive. Downloaded them and added to the slideshow. Now they are clear.
    I have no idea why.

Tis a mystery...but, glad it's working for you.