Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I am loving my new software program

Hi All

I have this html help file. http://www.woodsolutions.com/Doorcut_Help/index.html
    I would like it to open from the Doorcut page. What are the required steps to add this
    content with Xara.
    Thanks and Regards Barry

Info Re: I am loving my new software program

Quote Originally Posted by golash View Post
    Hi All
    I have this html help file. http://www.woodsolutions.com/Doorcut_Help/index.html
    I would like it to open from the Doorcut page. What are the required steps to add this
    content with Xara.
    Thanks and Regards Barry
    Barry, you actually have six embedded pages in frames with a JavaScript navbar.
    For each frame, right click on its text area (not an image) and select View frame source (as given in Chrome).
    In your browser Address Bar, you will see something like: view-source:http://www.woodsolutions.com/Doorcut...ramScreen.html.
    Copy and paste this without the prefix view-source: into Xara's File > Import from Web address...
    Publish as a PDF or a separate sub-site to your main site.

Can you update your TG Profile to describe what Xara software you are using?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi
    I added a photo gallery. It seems the images are out of focus and cut off. The wizard did not mention any details
    on how to deal with size issues. Should I be using a different gallery, there are alot of options at your content page
    http://o7w3e4.xara.hosting/cabinet_gallery.htm
    Thanks for the last answer!

Hi
    I added a photo gallery. It seems the images are out of focus and cut off. The wizard did not mention any details
    on how to deal with size issues. Should I be using a different gallery, there are alot of options at your content page
    http://o7w3e4.xara.hosting/cabinet_gallery.htm
    Thanks for the last answer!
    Some of the images you are expanding are only thumbnails so you need the originals.

Start again and drop and scale all the images you want onto the page.
    Select all and then apply Web Properties > Image Photo Pop-up settings.
    You can add the white rectangles and shadows later.

This is not the usual approach but explaining it is far harder.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi
    That`s embarrassing I should have known better. In the directory, I could not tell the difference in size.
    Thanks again

Hi
    I never liked my help file software. But I do like the fact that its in an iframe. I`m thinking about recreating my HTML help
    files in Xara. Just because the software is just so amazingly easy to edit. Are there any problems with this scenario.
    Should I use a template? I just don't know how to move forward. A search on the web does not show a lot of info on the iframe.

Regards Barry

Hi
    I never liked my help file software. But I do like the fact that its in an iframe. I`m thinking about recreating my HTML help
    files in Xara. Just because the software is just so amazingly easy to edit. Are there any problems with this scenario.
    Should I use a template? I just don't know how to move forward. A search on the web does not show a lot of info on the iframe.

Regards Barry
    Barry, IFRAMES do not allow easy searching across the pages. Create your Help file as a PDF and use a Table of Contents for different sections. Far cleaner, lower maintenance.

Acorn

Hi
    Just added a download button. When the mouse moves over it. It changes size. Never saw this effect before.
    Can this be customized. http://o7w3e4.xara.hosting/doorcut.htm

Barry, the button loads another button below the original.

Here's how to do it. The button on mouse-over is slightly smaller than that on the mouse-off layer and also has a white rectangular box below it to hide the mouse-off button below it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download-door-cut.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	115721  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi
    Just added a download button. When the mouse moves over it. It changes size. Never saw this effect before.
    Can this be customized. http://o7w3e4.xara.hosting/doorcut.htm
    You also have a button image (probably on the MouseDown Layer) that is appearing ("Click Me To Try DoorCut").
    Delete both and start again as this will be the quicker than trying to recover form whatever you did.

Acorn