Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: I am loving my new software program

The Xara application will have imported the image into the Bitmap gallery.
    If you dropped the image on the page, it probably also created a thumbnail at a much lower resolution.
    If you add the wrong one to the slider, the upscaling will show up the lower resolution.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi All

To backup my website. I created a desktop folder and exported the site to the new folder. Is this
    considered standard practice. Just wondering if xara can then load the site for editing.

Quote Originally Posted by golash View Post
    Hi All
    To backup my website. I created a desktop folder and exported the site to the new folder. Is this
    considered standard practice. Just wondering if xara can then load the site for editing.
    You need to save your XAR / WEB file safely; this is the only way to edit your site.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You need to save your XAR / WEB file safely; this is the only way to edit your site.

Acorn
    Ok.Point me the right direction.

Is this it for full backups.
    You change the amount of time the program waits before performing the backup and the amount of revisions the program keeps of one document. These options can be found in Utilities > Options > Backup.

Quote Originally Posted by golash View Post
    Hi All

I have an external drive where all of my xite files are stored. Then, on a regular basis, I back those all up to the cloud. Worst case, I'm going to have something that is a little bit out of date, and might have to be freshened. Also, anytime I'm going to make fairly significant changes, I do a SAVE AS, and give it a naming scheme which tells me which is the latest. One way or another, I'm going to have a backup copy somewhere. I live in tornado country, which is partially the reason for backing up to Box. If my computer goes sailing off to Illinois, then the external drives will no doubt go along for that ride. I'd have a cloud backup to resort to. Just remember that computers crash, external drives go "poof", and files get corrupted. If it's mission critical, then as Acorn says, make sure you've got a good backup system.