Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: calculator

Default calculator

Hi folks, can anyone guide me to how to put a calculator inmy website. What I want it to do is allow the user to calculate the overall expected cost of photo copying

So it would need X sheets of a size @ price = Ły

Need to repeat this several times to allow for mixed needs. I could do it well in a spreadsheet but you can't embed a spreadsheet in a widget, or can you?

Ken

Default Re: calculator

Hi Ken,

Something like this:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I had expected Egg to suggest Google Sheets for this.
    You can embed a saved sheet as an IFRAME where you need to protect all the cells from editing but allow the sheet to be accessed as if for editing. If not, you will get nasty messages left behind.
    All the visitor can do is enter numeric values or drop down pick lists so your formulae are preserved.
    If you can avoid data entry so much the better.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Or you could use a Jotform which can do quite complex calculations - see here http://www.newsandviewsonline.co.uk/...calculator.htm
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

In Firefox that form gives me:
    A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg - not sure what is going on but it is very slow in Firefox but works fine in edge, IE and chrome.
    Christine

Solved the issue with Firefox - it didn't like having blank fields. Works fine with defaults set.
    Christine

Yes, that appears to have solved the issue with FF Christine.
    Egg