Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Has Filter Forge 6 plugin worked to someone using DP365?

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    I raised this issue in December in Dear Xara and also in the forum, as well as mentioning it in the survey conducted recently.
    FF7 is a 64 bit program only. The last time it worked for me was using FF5, 32 bit program.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ht=filterforge
    John, appreciate that you did. XDPX is also 64-bit and it is about time Xara caught up with all the features it just parks with no prospect of a refresh over time; FF7 is one such example.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I am able to get Filter Forge 7 to work with Xara The path to the plugin is C:\Program Files\Filter Forge 7\Plugin\

It works for me but You have to lock the effect or it causes errors and the program will hang and then white screen. But if you set the default resolution for plug ins to 300dpi and lock the effect it will work quite well. You do have to keep in mind that not all filters will work "out of the box" with Xara but if you have a version of filter forge that has access to the filter editor most filters can be easily edited to work with Xara.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi Frances,

I just noticed on my laptop that FF7 would not open in Standalone and needed an update. Done.

I was already using the path that you show and FF does not even show up on the list of plugins.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara plugin paths.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	121913

What I have installed is the Standalone and the plugin for PaintShop Pro (it works with PSP). Do you have Photoshop? Could it be that we need the PS plugin?

Under C:\Program Files\Filter Forge 7\Plugin, I have:

Filter Forge 7.8bf 4061800
    Filter Forge.config 167

and under the subfolder C:\Program Files\Filter Forge 7\Plugin\x64, I have:

Filter Forge 7 x64.8bf 4998248
    Filter Forge.config 167

Thanks,
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Bump

Frances,

Do you have Photoshop? Could it be that we need the PS plugin to get FF7 to work?

I only have the PaintShop Pro plugin. That is all that shows up when installing FF7 since I don't have PS.

Thanks,
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi John My apologies for leaving you waiting for so long!

I have done some digging and as far as I can tell once you download the FF7 package and activate it with your license key it should work. The Stand alone should work with out any need for photoshop or any other host program. I don't have photoshop but I do have a version of PS Elements that came with a printer purchased several years ago at least so it is old but it works and I hardly use it anymore. There is only 1 installer package you can download and it should work for Photoshop and Xara and Affinity Photo too. I don't have paintshop so I am of no help there. To get FF7 to work with Xara The path you have showing in your screenshot above should work and I am unable to figure out why it won't for you. you could try clearing the plugin path from the plugin set up dialogue and try adding it fresh and make sure you click ok on both the location set up box and the main plug ins tap in the options panel. With Xara you have to lock the effects right away after rendering it is annoying and I have asked the support at xara for a fix for this many times and there are always other things that are taking priority over this. Asking for help on the FF forums is not going to be of much help they are just going to tell you Xara is not a supported host and point you back to ask Xara support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.