Hi John My apologies for leaving you waiting for so long!

I have done some digging and as far as I can tell once you download the FF7 package and activate it with your license key it should work. The Stand alone should work with out any need for photoshop or any other host program. I don't have photoshop but I do have a version of PS Elements that came with a printer purchased several years ago at least so it is old but it works and I hardly use it anymore. There is only 1 installer package you can download and it should work for Photoshop and Xara and Affinity Photo too. I don't have paintshop so I am of no help there. To get FF7 to work with Xara The path you have showing in your screenshot above should work and I am unable to figure out why it won't for you. you could try clearing the plugin path from the plugin set up dialogue and try adding it fresh and make sure you click ok on both the location set up box and the main plug ins tap in the options panel. With Xara you have to lock the effects right away after rendering it is annoying and I have asked the support at xara for a fix for this many times and there are always other things that are taking priority over this. Asking for help on the FF forums is not going to be of much help they are just going to tell you Xara is not a supported host and point you back to ask Xara support.