Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has Filter Forge 6 plugin worked to someone using DP365?

Hi,
    Has Filter Forge 6 plugin (www.filterforge.com) worked to someone using DP365?
    I added C:\Program Files\Filter Forge 6\Plugin to DP plugin folder, but Filter Forge doesn't appear as a listed plugin.
    Thanks for info,
    Cadu

Default Re: Has Filter Forge 6 plugin worked to someone using DP365?

Hi Cadu, this earlier thread might give you some answers. http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ighlight=forge

Ciao

Roly

cadudesun,

I use DP365 and FF6 as well. It works fine for me. Though, it seems like I remember it being a chore to get it to work at first (finding the right file to plug into). Experiment until you find the right file to "plug in".

Mark

Many thanks for replies!
    I haven't succeed to find the right plugin in yet. I added to DP365 the folders:
    C:\Program Files\Filter Forge 6\Plugin\
    C:\Program Files\Filter Forge 6\Plugin\x64\
    Do you know in which folder is stored the right plugin to point to in DP365 Options>Effects & Plugins>Photoshop plugins?
    Cheers,
    Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by cadudesun View Post
    Many thanks for replies!
    I haven't succeed to find the right plugin in yet. I added to DP365 the folders:
    C:\Program Files\Filter Forge 6\Plugin\

I still have Filter Forge 4 and I use the location listed in the quote and that works for me but I think either one you list in your post should work. Filter Forge 4 is a 32 bit version so can't check for sure.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

In my tests DP365 doesn't recognize FF6. I also received from FF support a bad news:
    "You chose correct plugin folders but Xara doesn't support Filter Forge. Feel free to contact Xara developers and ask them to implement proper 8BF plugin support.
    Best regards,
    Filter Forge Support
    support@filterforge.com"

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I have FF 5 (I haven't yet upgraded) and I can get that to work fine. I have sent Xara a note asking them to look at this thread and if they can fix the ongoing issues with using FF as a plug in. I think that they are possibly still on holidays so it may be a few days yet before we can get any answers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi. Just updating the thread.
    I tried Filter Forge 7 without success with XDP (v15.1).
    After contacting Filter Forge support, I received a message that says Xara doesn't support Filter Forge:
    "You chose correct plugin folders but Xara doesn't support Filter Forge. Feel free to contact Xara developers and ask them to implement proper 8BF plugin support."

Raised a Thread in Dear Xara...

...https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...r-Forge-Plugin.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I raised this issue in December in Dear Xara and also in the forum, as well as mentioning it in the survey conducted recently.

FF7 is a 64 bit program only. The last time it worked for me was using FF5, 32 bit program.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ht=filterforge
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)