Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation Bar - Pop-up Menus Issue

Greetings Fellow Xarians! - Whatever the celebration in your part of the world - Peace! and no system crashes to all.

OK Here is something I spent hours on trying to resolve and I am stumped - yep me lol
    And excited Im going to learn something

This is Under construction for launch in the new year lots of content to come - http://switchecig.co.uk/mike/

At first the Navigation bar worked fine - in OUR STORES ..... A dropdown appeared for each of the shop branches

However at some point during the build the popup menus the background has vanished and it just looks like text links instead

sadly when I went through the backups to see if I had one without this problem and yep this error went unnoticed for some time -

I used "Velocity" as a starting point - and indeed the Navbar was from that set

Any pointers would be much appreciated !

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Navigation Bar - Pop-up Menus Issue

Hi David - in anticipation of a real expert coming along I will do my best to help.

If you double click on your navigation bar you should get a pop up menu 'Navigation bar properties' - in the bottom right there will be a box called 'Pop up menu style'.

If you double click on this you can configure your pop up menu font colour, background colour etc etc.

Hope this helps.

Really like your colour scheme!

@nobbyy - no such thing as a real expert (or hero), just the right person in the right place at the right time.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Haha OK fairy Nuff - What I meant my expert was that I been using Xara since Xara Studio - and this one foxed me
    Thanks nobbyy yea used to that - and used it many times in the past without issue

But I cannot understand why I am getting the effects below the Our Stores button in the example on my post

No, I can't see how you've done it either David. Using the navbar tool it's not possible to set a no colour background.

I used "Velocity" as a starting point - and indeed the Navbar was from that set
    I can only suggest deleting your current corrupted navbar and replacing it with the one from the Velocity template again. As you say you haven't changed it greatly.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Really scratching my head but THIS may throw some light - No it makes no sense to me either

The Dropdown menus working fine

Import a graphic that adds colours to the pallette - all on one layer - mouse off

Preview - Missing Background on Nav Bar Drop Downs