Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: slide show

Default slide show

I've put an Xara slide show on a new layer which contains 5 images, but the slide show starts at different images each time I open it. I need the images to run from 1 as the start and finish on 5 as they tell a story, anybody know what I should do?
    Thanks

Mike Renshaw

Default Re: slide show

Is the slideshow in a pop-up layer that's not opened before a button is clicked? If so I believe even though the the pop-up isn't activated yet, the slideshow loads and runs anyway.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,
    Yes the slide show is on a layer which is activated by the click of a button. I think what your saying is the slide show is running when the web site loads and when the button is clicked for the slide show to come into view it starts at whatever slide it happens to be showing at that point.
    Is there any way round this?

thanks Mike

There is a way. You can have an iframe in a pop-up layer. The iframe initially loads a static web page. There is a play button, that using javascript dynamically changes the source code of the iframe to a slider.

I've just amended the source code slightly but I've kept the Form Data. Perhaps Acorn or Siran could show how to do it more simply in Xara using a named iframe and how to put the dynamic code into a xara button so the form data isn't required?

SOURCE FOR CODE

DEMO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host