Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default embedding music and video

Does any user have problems embedding music tracks and videos to their websites? I have Xara 365 and the system does not support embedding into a website, only into a new document. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Fred Brown/

Default Re: embedding music and video

Hi my personal opinion on music video embedding is that it distracts from the content but I have severe hearing
    problem and it is a pain on websites incorporating them..
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Quote Originally Posted by fred@fred643 View Post
    Does any user have problems embedding music tracks and videos to their websites? I have Xara 365 and the system does not support embedding into a website, only into a new document. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Fred Brown/
    Fred, welcome to TalkGraphics. I'm not quite sure what you are after and what you mean by embedding into a document.

If you add an audio file to a Supersite, you could probably get it to auto-play across all pages.
    Equally, you can put the Placeholder code into the Web Properties > Website > HTML code (head).

Forcing auto-playing sounds are not generally welcome.
    Typically, unless it is a background (in a Supersite) videos would only play on the page they were added to.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I am trying to insert a music track into one of my websites built with Xara 365 premium and it does not work, the track goes into a new page on the site, not into my website page, it will not go into the website page, my question is why not?

Quote Originally Posted by fredilys View Post
    I am trying to insert a music track into one of my websites built with Xara 365 premium and it does not work, the track goes into a new page on the site, not into my website page, it will not go into the website page, my question is why not?
    Welcome to TalkGrpahics.
    What you are describing does not make much sense, sorry.
    What file type dos your music track have?
    How are you inserting it?
    I don't know of any way that an object can make a new page in a design file.

Can you provide the design file and the track?
    If not, can you describe exactly what you are doing to achieve this wrong result?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I searched high and low for a player even tried to take one from an older site I had made with xara, I was ready to write to tech support...., then decided to just try Cut and paste, ta-da, now I have music on my site