Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 New to Web Designer Premium

Good day,

I am testing WDP 365 to see if it's a fit for me. Are there sites that are your go to places to get various widgets and general third party resources that work with WDP? I am trying to get a feel on how well of a supporting community exist for this product.

Many thanks!
    Michael

Default Re: New to Web Designer Premium

Xara's philosophy is don't reinvent the wheel. So if it is something link forms of which there are many resources, they opt to let the user find the solution that works best for her or him as opposed to offering a form creation utility. Using Placeholders (simple shapes into which can be added code or scripts that get added to the HTML when the site is previewed or published) give users the option of adding third party solutions to their websites.

As a new user you might well ask, yes but why? I can add these things to the HTML script myself. Because Xara is a WYSIWYG design program, the only way to add a script or code to the page HTML is via placeholders. See Help > Placeholder Objects.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 13 December 2016 at 07:13 PM.

What are the major sources for third party scripts, widgets and the like that work with Xara?

Not sure. Acorn probably has a better idea of those. But I think most widgets you can purchase online offer a trial version, so that might be a good way to determine.