Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to export animation to SWF (flash) properly?

Hi,

I would appreciate help:
    I have an animation in DP I would like to export to SWF, mainly to use in other apps (After Effects and CrazyTalk Animator, qhich are compatible with flash).
    I can preview the animation frame by frame in DP, but when I try to preview in browser or export it as SWF, the output doest work.
    The XAR file is available here (https://goo.gl/3nsMv2) and the SWF output here (https://goo.gl/hvMkWQ). I also recorded a screencast showing the issue in detail: https://goo.gl/0kEuvB
    Does anyone have any tip to make SWF work properly?

Many thanks,
    Cadu

Default Re: How to export animation to SWF (flash) properly?

I think this is something Egg can help with. But he's in the UK and probably gone to bed for the night. Check in tomorrow.

Hi Cadu, I've had a quick look at your file and I get the same results as yourself.

I think you've hit upon an undocumented size limitation of Xara's here. Try this:

Alter the page width to 1600px.
    Select all the bitmaps together & reduce them to 1600px
    Preview swf
    Works fine for me.

I don't know if this limits you for use within other software but as a matter of interest your original works as a gif animation and as an .avi file
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've looked at this some more and the maximum bitmap width 1638px. Widen it to 1639 and it either dissappears or becomes single coloured. Try it with the Xara default bitmap.

If you really need to be this width you'll need to cut the images in half and create bitmap copies spread over the page.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Many many thanks for the feedback and all information!
    Indeed, after shorten the width the SWF was created properly.
    I tested the SWF in After Effects and its compatibility is great (http://i.imgur.com/MzsdLtn.png).
    All the best,
    Cadu

Glad I could have helped and you've sorted it
    Egg

Hi Egg,

I would appreciate a further help from you.
    Although I could use the Xara SWF in After Effects, I have problems to open it in CrazyTalk Animator software. I opened a support ticket there and the answer I received is:

"There are some limitations on the types of SWF you can import [in CrazyTalk]. Make sure the SWF does not contain any scripting or non-standard tags. If you are able, open it up in Flash or another SWF editor and make sure it is just a simple frame by frame animation and then it should work fine".

Do you know how could I check if SWF generated by Xara "does not contain any scripting or non-standard tags", and confirm it is a "simple frame by frame animation".

Many thanks for assistance,
    Cadu

Hi Cadu,

I don't believe Xara creates any scripting or tags. If you attach the swf I'll see what I can do but no promises.

Egg
    Egg

Hi Egg,
    The SWF is available here: https://goo.gl/vP61jk
    Thanks a lot for your assistance!
    Cadu

Hi Cadu,

I've tried looking at the swf in ******* SWF Decompiler and creating a .fla file to import into Flash. It imports okay but won't export as a swf file so I'm afraid I can't help any further

EDIT: That should be s-o-t-h-i-n-k SWF Decompiler (without the hyphens) but TG has a block on this word.
    Egg