Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Kington, Herefordshire. I used to live on a boat on the English waterways

Default I have altered a page but it won't update.

Says it all in the title really.

The page shows exactly as I want it in DP but after uploading the site (It's a rather large site: www.meltonwaterways.org.uk) that particular page doesn't show the changes. All the devices that I have tried it on show no change. Reloading: no change. Friends' computers: no change.

I could try deleting the site using an ftp programme and uploading the lot again but that seems a bit drastic before I have had some other opinions.

Hoping for help

Theo

Default Re: I have altered a page but it won't update.

Hi Theo,

I can't view your site. Malware bytes is blocking it. See screen-grab.

It could have been hacked. If I remember correctly there were others with similar problems not ling ago re Magix hosting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meltonoakham.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	115904  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The site is working ok for me. Sometimes you have to delete and upload again. What I have done in the past is to delete the offending page and then upload the new one. Also re-upload the index_htm_files.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    The site is working ok for me. Sometimes you have to delete and upload again. What I have done in the past is to delete the offending page and then upload the new one. Also re-upload the index_htm_files.
    Thanks, both.

The site appears to work but the downloads page in the news section shows an old version with newsletters only for years up to 2015. I have added all the 2016 pages.

What do I do about the possible hacking?

Nick

If your old files ended in .html and your new files end in .htm, the browser will load the .html files even if they are older.

Malwarebytes blocks your site in my browser as well..

As Miko suggested, delete all files from your server and republish. See if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    If your old files ended in .html and your new files end in .htm, the browser will load the .html files even if they are older.

Malwarebytes blocks your site in my browser as well..

As Miko suggested, delete all files from your server and republish. See if that helps.
    That is what I will do, then.

Can I assume that this will sort out the hacking problem?

Thanks all.

Can I assume that this will sort out the hacking problem?
    Not sure. Report this to your web host and see what they advise. And of course, change your password and make it as complex as allowed. For example this is harder to hack Hghl532N6!Jn&j!o Upper and lowercase characters, numbers and symbols.

Hi Gary, I'm also getting malwarebytes lockouts on other xara hosted sites. For example here's iggy's site. Can you see if your getting lock-out on this too. If so it's wider than Theo's problem. And could you try it on your xara hosted pages (I don't use it)

http://c6nsem.xara.hosting/index.htm

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi guys, I get the same Malware notification for both sites.

Ciao

Roly

Thanks for that Roly. I'll contact Xara as it may be affecting all their hosted sites.

EDIT: I've pm'ed Rob & Ben re this matter, however it's the weekend so I don't know when they'll pick it up.
    Egg