Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Out of memory error when exporting website

I am running Xara Designer Pro X11 with Vista. I have designed a new website and exported it without a problem. However when I edited it and tried to export it I got an OUT OF MEMORY error and later a serious error and Xara closed down. Having read the topic on Talk Graphics I removed three widget galleries but still no luck and nor was there when when I optimised all jpegs. I saved the file, closed down Xara then reopened it but that did not work. I did notice that the index_htm-files were double the original save (3.3mb - 7.7mb). But the computer still has 65gb of available memory with 55gb used. In desperation I created a new folder and saved and exported to it. Success. But when I tried to save new edits to the same folder I got the OUT OF MEMORY error. Ideas anyone?

Default Re: Out of memory error when exporting website

One thing worth trying. Web Properties / Website / Uncheck Retina (Hi-Res) images.

Also copy & paste (in full) in your Google search bar:

site:www.talkgraphics.com/ + out of memory
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks but the box for Retina (Hi Res) images was already unchecked. I looked at the other threads as well but there did not seem to be a solution. Other information that may mean something: The old website I was replacing was 130 mb with 458 files (index_files folder) whereas the new one I have problem exporting is 7mb with 369 files. See http://www.pigsear.org.uk/
    What I did notice is that the design I used from the Design Gallery, Wildside Theme is a Responsive Web Design theme (would that be a problem?) using Just Me Again Down Here and Advent Pro Light fonts and when I viewed them in preview I noticed they had been corrupted so I replaced them with a different font.

Hi

I had same problem regarding exporting and your suggestion worked for me - thanks!

Welcome to TalkGraphics Bob Bruce

Which solution? There were a few offered?

Responsive is not likely the problem.

Slow connections can be an issue.

Also when you republish an entire site, the process (to me at any rate) is very slow. But after that if you have opted to publish only what has changed, publishing is much faster.

If all else fails, you can publish to a folder on your desktop, then use Filezilla or a third party FTP program to move the files to your server.