Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Anchor tags do not work

Hi,

I am creating a single page website. I want the buttons in the navigation bar to connect with the anchor tags that I have placed in the header of each section on the website. I create a small square in the upper left corner of each section of the page. I then right click on the square and give it a name. Then I scroll up to the top of the page to the navigation bar and click on it to reveal the titles and links. I click on the button can choose Link to anchor. In the dropdown I choose the name of the square I created and apply. I previewed these steps in my browser. It show the link in the correct format with the #hash tag but when I click on the button to jump to that section it just doesn't go anywhere. I've tried this numerous times. Please help

Thanks,

Tony Alexander

Default Re: Anchor tags do not work

Welcome to TalkGraphics Tony

How deep is your page (for example, how many screens?) For a link to go to an anchor, the anchor needs to be below the level of the current screen. Does this make sense?

Can you upload your .xar or .web file here so we can have a look? It is often easier to see what is happening when we can look at the actual file.

See if this works for you. Download the attached file Anchors.xar and open it (disregard any warnings about newer version if you get any)

Preview the page.

I created individual buttons and each button links to anchors of the same color square placed next to the text and each square is named.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey gwpriester,

Thank you so much for replying to my post. I finally figured out what the problem was. The block that I created and turned into an anchor was behind the all the other layers. When I clicked on "Bring to Front" it worked like a charm. Your help and insight is very important to me and I want to thank you again for your time

Tony Alexander

Cool!

Hi gwpriester,

Thanks for your expertise. I created a nav bar but I can't seem to be able to center the text with it's button. I am attaching a screen shot of the nav bar I created. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

TonyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	nav-bar.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	115609

Select the text on the first button with the Text Tool and on the Infobar select Center Justified. This will apply to the other text.

You may have to do this for the MouseOff layer as well. You can do this by clicking the S next to the MouseOff layer to isolate just this layer.

Then press the S again to turn off isolated view.