Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Publish

Default Publish

Alright, so I need to publish what I have so that I can start testing it and get it going real soon. I looked through some videos on youtube for how to publish your website. the Videos are out of date. No Good! I've looked through the threads but I haven't found anything specific to how I'm suppose the publish my website with these newer versions of all things. I clicked the publish button and done all that. I've gone to my control center and seen my file, but the site is not published. I get an error message when I go to my the site address that was given to me.

What is the process?

What am I missing?

I need to see the site so that I can make more decisions about pages links, and the domain name transfer. Any direction I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Publish

Hi Iggy, publishing your site from Xara is a snip I say that tongue in cheek, as it can seem like a real PIA until you get the correct directory to upload to, re your hosting server.

Look at your host's instructions to which folder to upload your files. This is almost certainly NOT the root folder of your domain, but may be 'www' or 'public_html' folder or similar. Each host is different.

Are you using Xara's hosting or another host?

When you hit 'publish website' in Xara does the site upload and do you get a 'Site published' notice?

We'll take it further from there
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm using Xara. When I go to publish in Xara I hit the publish button and I get nothing. I went to the https://www.xara-online.com/us/control-center.267.html and my folder. I put the file in the folder but there is nowhere to ftp the files. I thought that the soft ware would do that with the publishing icon but again, nothing.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	publishingCapture.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	115374

I am getting the same exact thing happening. I can see all my files in the cpanel file manager but nothing when I try to go to the site.
    hevlyservices.com

If hevlyservices.com is the site you are referring to, I see a full site when I go there, Evan.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Iggy - When I first try to publish to Xara Hosting I am asked to enter my e-mail address and password. The same information as when I originally downloaded Designer Pro X 365 and Web Designer Premium 365.

Once you enter that then you should be ready to publish.

Press the Publish icon, enter a sub-folder if you wish, and press Publish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara hosting.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	115378  

Got it! It works! Damn I love Xara!

Well done Iggy
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I figured out that I did not use the "public_html" in the PUBLISH form under sub-directory. Now all is good. Thanks

I figured out that I did not use the "public_html" in the PUBLISH form under sub-directory.
    Right. Most web hosting companies have a specific folder they expect to find your files in. Public_html is one of the more common ones.