Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Hyperlinks behaving oddly on Android

Hi

This is maybe not a Xara issue but I thought that it just might be.

I have created a password protected website on Xara M hosting (or whatever it is) which simply consists of various hyperlinks (text and image). These link to issues of a club magazine which are displayed by the issuu flip-book program.

Everything is fine on a computer, the links open up the appropriate magazine in the issuu web browser.

On an Android tablet with the issuu app installed some of the links open the magazine in the app (which is good). Other, almost identical, links open the magazine in the issuu Android web browser (which is not good as this is slow and clunky).

Two (links with part of the address obscured) which behave differently are given below
    https://issuu.com/****/docs/ditchcrawler_-_march_2015
    https://issuu.com/****/docs/ditchcrawler_-_january_2015

There seems nothing obviously different to me and viewing the source code for the page produced shows me almost identical coding.

Has anyone come across anything similar or does anyone have a solution to being able to force the tablet to view the magazine in the app rather than the web browser.

Thanks
    Ian

Default Re: Hyperlinks behaving oddly on Android

Isuuu has changed its interface and it fails with Google Chrome.
    The Embed function has been stripped:
    Temporarily disabled functionality
    Ability to create an embed code from the reading experience. Publishers can still create an embed code from the Publication List.
    Perhaps this is part of it,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for observations Acorn.

I've experimented with embedded code from the issuu site and the same problem occurs. I've discovered how to submit a question to the issuu help section. I'll report back if they come up with a solution.

Cheers
    Ian (Another former Artworks enthusiast)

No reply from issuu yet BUT (fingers crossed) the solution seems to be to set target="_blank" for the links.

To add to the previous observation - the links don't work with the android Firefox browser so it's best avoided IMO.