Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am a web designer and would like to take a screen shot of a web site I did. (I know how to get the screen shot...)

I've seen web site samples where they sort of 3D the browser window and put it on a angle ... as though it was on a sign on a shelf. (Sometimes with a drop shadow behind it) Can't find any of those sites at the moment.

Can anyone tell me the best way to do this? Or anything similar. The site itself doesn't have to be totally readable. I do understand you can fake the display by creating a nice clear rendering of your homepage and using that inside a browser frame (instead of shrinking down the real thing) but how do you get that 3D sign effect. I use Fireworks 4 and Photoshop 6. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.
    The finished graphic will be about 175 pixels wide and similar in height.

EVEN if you are only showing me an example of one that has been created.

Thanks

Val
    IP

I am a web designer and would like to take a screen shot of a web site I did. (I know how to get the screen shot...)

I've seen web site samples where they sort of 3D the browser window and put it on a angle ... as though it was on a sign on a shelf. (Sometimes with a drop shadow behind it) Can't find any of those sites at the moment.

Can anyone tell me the best way to do this? Or anything similar. The site itself doesn't have to be totally readable. I do understand you can fake the display by creating a nice clear rendering of your homepage and using that inside a browser frame (instead of shrinking down the real thing) but how do you get that 3D sign effect. I use Fireworks 4 and Photoshop 6. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.
    The finished graphic will be about 175 pixels wide and similar in height.

EVEN if you are only showing me an example of one that has been created.

Thanks

Val
    IP

ender

Is this like what you had in mind? The perspective on the screen shot was done with the Edit>Transfor>Perspective tool in Photoshop, then, on a layer below a rectangle for the shadow was added to match the perspective of the screen shot and filled with dark gray. The edges of the shadow was softened using the eraser tool at very low pressure. Then the a backgrownd layer was added. Hope this helps.

Don
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenCaptureinPerspective.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	10427  
    IP