Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photo Manipulation - Web Designer

Hi all,

One of the issues a routinely have with Web Designer is photo manipulation. In most cases, I manage to get a suitable solution. However, I am now trying to build a photo gallery with accompanying text that I can easily add too when I want to.

In order to make adding photos manageable, I am attempting to create a "template" group with a picture and a text box that is set to push. This allows me to equally space all the pictures on a page and then add to the bottom as I go.

In theory, I would copy an existing group, and place it in line, drop a new photo on it, and edit the text. Here is where the problem presents itself.

To make this work, the photo frames must be the same size,...no problem. However, each time I drop a new photo on it, the picture has to be manipulated so that the whole picture is visible. This upsets the frame size.

My question is, how can I make the photo shrink to fit the frame?

Thanks, Steven

Default Re: Photo Manipulation - Web Designer

If I understand the question, select the photo with the Fill Tool, select either of the outside control handles (the squares at the ends of the arrows), hold down the Shift key and press the left arrow key on your keyboard. If you select the center control handle (where the two arrows come together) you can slide the photo around inside the shape.

Default Re: Photo Manipulation - Web Designer

gwpriester,

I see what you did there. The result is the same as I have been getting just a better way to get there. However, it makes me realize that what I am asking and what I am expecting are not the same.

Making the photo fit the frame (as you describe) leaves the photo smaller than the previous one (or bigger depending on the size of the picture imported a presume.) This leaves white space between the photo and the frame (in the smaller case) but it does make the whole photo visible as a thumbnail.

I guess what I need to do is add a background to the frame so that all the frames appear to be the same size even if the thumbnail is smaller. This way the spacing remains the same (as does the text) and the image is adjusted and it is what it is.

Now if I can figure out how to take the photos with the camera settings so that they are all similar in size maybe I can get close.

Thanks so much for the reply!

Steven