Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Jotform embedded in placeholder does not work properly

Hi All,

Jotform appears to be the form widget provider that Xara Web Designer wants you to use so I have.

The Jotform form previews fine in jotform.

I have chosen to embed the jotform exported code into a place holder on the contacts page.

The form code is executed when the contacts page is opened, however, the upload a picture section is greyed out and when you hover over it its says it may have been moved or deleted and the select file box does on appear at all.

Furthermore the security captcha just constantly has a revolving waiting symbol on it and never resolves.

Any thoughts?

Default Re: Jotform embedded in placeholder does not work properly

Hi again JohnMike,

I've tested your form on the web file you attached to another thread. I found no problem attaching a bitmap. The captcha was spinning but hitting submit opens a captcha windo, completed this and the form sent as expected. Did you recieve it?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

No idea why this is happening.

Is the placeholder the right size? Often if the form is say 400 x 600 pixles, I find the placeholder needs to be a bit longer.

It the placeholder on the mouse off layer?

Are there any other widgets on the same layer?

And I think with recaptcha though I am not sure, you need to have a public and private key from Google.

Excellent yes I received the submission thank you. So that works and obviously you could see the select file button so that you could up load the file. So I am not sure why I can't. Perhaps I will close everything down and clear the cache etc etc and try again.

Well sadly and very frustratingly this does not work on my machine. I have closed it down and restarted I cannot see the select a file to upload box that is visible on the jotform preview and the captcha doesn't work.

Where to go from here?

You might try (if you have not already) designing the form on JotForm's website, then generate the embed code and use that for your placeholder.