Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Fuzzy Mouse Over

Further to Roly's comments, never place a layer between Mouse-Off & Mouse-Over layers. Your Page Focus layer is really redundant, just place that content on the Mouse Off layer.

Somehow you've also stripped the page names. I've reapplied them in the attached xar file.

Note the navbuttons working in preview
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

They don't.

You have to export the file as an htm file then open that file in a browser. Then the mouseover works. If simply viewed in preview they do not work.

Well that is the experience I am having and have experienced this I have gone back to the web designer premium help for preview and lo and behold it tells you that mouse over won't work................

Previewing Your Website

When creating your website in Web Designer Premium, your working document shows an accurate static preview, but to check the behavior of pop-ups, mouseover effects and Flash and other widgets it's necessary to use true Browser Preview.

Thank you. I have absolutely no idea how I could have taken the page names away nor indeed how to replace them so thank you.

But I can assure you that I haven't added any layers, at least not knowingly. I have just reloaded the original pages from the design galley and they do not have a layer called page focus. So please excuse my ignorance but I have no clue where this layer has come from.

I will attempt Roly's changes and see if I can get the mouse over next to mouse off by removing page focus and hope that this doesn't have any other impacts.

Thank you Roly and Egg this worked no fuzziness now. I still do not know what created the page focus layer.

Can you remember what template you used?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi JohnMike, could it be that you created the "page focus" layer when you put in the placeholder on page 4 and thereafter you put in the pictures for pages 1,2 and 3 after and did not realize that you were on the page focus layer.

Ciao

Roly

Using Xara's products is a learning experience for us all.
    When discovering a new method or approach, don't be afraid to create a trial design file just for that one purpose.
    Doing so forces you into a build-test cycle rather than trying to change everything all at once.

Deconstructing a template is a good place to begin as are all the videos offered by Xara and TGers.

Just don't give up on the tool,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat