Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default In reply to the post on the Web Chat forum, for more sites in Gallery

Default Re: In reply to the post on the Web Chat forum, for more sites in Gallery

You've been busy! :-) Love the MojitoMexicanGrill site.

Default Re: In reply to the post on the Web Chat forum, for more sites in Gallery

I too like the Mojitos website. Nice job. How did you do the contact form?

I normally use Jotform, but they have recently distanced themselves away from the 'free' options so I have been researching new avenues. I can always use php when hosting allows, but most times I need the pre-made forms. Almost ALL webforms limit you to 100 free submissions per month before payment kicks in, but I breach that most months due to the amount of websites I have out there. The one you see on my latest website is from Cognito Forms https://www.cognitoforms.com they allow 500 free forms per month, so I am experimenting with them.
    One problem I DO have, with Cognito and Jot forms, is when I use the variant website option, it causes other placeholders to fail, slideshows and other forms, so I cannot use the same form in both variants, even if I use alternative embedding options, iframe, source, etc. I have to use a different form.

Hi Behzad, have you tried the Google forms widget from the gallery? It was recently added, and do not know how it works.

Ciao

Roly

Thanks Guys, I will look into google forms. I used to open up a new free account for my clients and remind them that they would have to subscribe if they wanted to get more than the limit. Jotform now allows only 5 forms with 100 submissions a month which is plenty for most clients. I like the backup system they have and all the widgets etc...

Hi behzad, once you have looked at google forms it would be nice to get your thoughts on pros and cons.

Thanks

Roly

I have used Google Forms many times, and it is extremely useful for gathering information, with questionnaire type forms. This information is automatically stored in a spreadsheet for review at any time. However, if you just need a Contact Form, there are two problems; Your website customer will need an invite to the spreadsheet and then use the information from there, which is very cumbersome when you only need an email address to reply to the sender. The content of the form is not transmitted in the submitted email and the only way to see what people are asking, is to constantly log into YOUR G Drive, that you have to invite them to initially, and then they see the submission. The other problem is that Google forms do not allow a custom "Submission Received" page, it just leaves an ugly mess on your webpage with a Windows 95 style "Thank you for the submission" and adds a link to create their own google form.

Thank you very much Andy, your comments were very useful. I will not waste my time with the Google forms.

Ciao

Roly

Roly the google forms are not as complex and professional like jotform also Andymack gave a good explanation about them. I have setup all my clients with jobform and it has been a smooth ride.