Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New sites

Default 50 Year Reunion Website

Site made for my 50-Year class reunion held in 2016 as my contribution to my classmates.

The basic page designs were setup using Xara Designer Pro. Revisions to the Alumni Listing were done via the Xara Online Editor by members of the alumni committee who had no previous experience with a graphics program, let alone Xara. The collaboration worked well and saved time as new information/data for site pages flowed in from various sources over a period of months. The tabular format I used for listing each alum-info was a bit tricky with regards to the embedded photos when early versions of the Xara Online Editor were used. However, the latest version of the Online Editor seems to work much better. If Xara had a "parallel columns" feature it would have been much easier to format and edit ... HINT, HINT

Logos, artwork, and scans of photos were edited (scaling, cropping, color correction, etc.) using Xara as well.

I believe the only widgets used were the Facebook and Google Earth. Nothing really fancy going on other than linking and dynamic website scrolling. The site more or less works when browsing via an iPad or with some smart phones despite not using Variants.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Franklin High Class of 1966 Logo (transparent background).jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	117211

http://fhs1966.xara.hosting/reunion/

Default Re: 50 Year Reunion Website

I might not have uses the flashes and NEW thingies. But good site for you youngsters who graduated in 1966.

Default Re: New sites

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Far to much of that and racism going about.
    Sad, I just don't get it. Sorry to hear Gary.
    While I am posting just want to say how much I appreciate Gary and Egg for you help. Great sites Gary.