Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New sites

Default Re: New sites

Probably true it didn't cross my mind to ask Gary, no offence either way it was just I followed on from Eggs Comment, thanks for the reply!!

Has anyone raised a topic on SEO on here I have searched, but I didn't find anything, I take it it's not off-topic & a complex subject any info woud be useful I have looked online (obviously) but such a vast amount of differing answers....hmm

Copy ALL the text below & paste it into a Google search. DON'T click the link.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Copy ALL the text below & paste it into a Google search. DON'T click the link.
    Hi thanks Egg as efficeint as ever with your reply..

Anyone wishing to view my new site & comment happy to recieve feedback Thanks

http://www.davora.eu/

Good job on your website Dave

I would like to see your material presented more simply. You have highlighted so much material on your home page I don't know where to look first. And if you are going to use very long measures of text, then increase the space between the lines. It will make the text more visually appealing and easier to read.

I like your site but agree with Gary that it's a bit too busy here and there. Perhaps increasing the margins and adding some 'white space' will help to achieve a more balanced design.

Hi Dave, I totally agree with Gary and Boy's comment. In addition, on page one I quickly noticed 2 words misspelled, appliyng and efficency in OUR VALUE PROPOSITION. You do not need to have everything on the first page. You want them to get in touch with you, not move on to an other supplier of similar services because they feel like they are in a jungle of words. The KISS ( Keep It Simple, Simple) and clear approach always have their place. Have you ever considered putting a team together with the objective of simplifying your website?

Hope I have not offended you Dave, that is not my intention, only giving you my feedback as mentioned in your post #30.

Ciao

Roly

Hi To ALL that have provided feedback, (Roly thanks for pointing out the spelling mistakes) no matter how much I try the spellcheck/check spelling on site as you type will not tick/engage I don't know why, so alot of to & fro pasting from word!!

If anyone would like to suggest an alternative lay out/navigation & the benefits of this please do so not offence will be taken!! so please keep the suggestions coming!!

I am thinking of moving the items from Hands on business support (downwards) to other type of navigation, pop-ups etc ...I notice more & more web site have long web pages these days so, it's case of balance & getting the right message across. Please do keep the suggestions coming!!

Roly
    In terms of putting a team together to simply a site over the last 12 years I have used s range of web designers etc..& most gave appauling service & were so slow to respond they couldn't catch a snail reverse, but charged alot for their services, so I gave up on them!!

I guess many web designers etc..just have too much work & take on more than the capacity they have to carry out the said task, this is one of the most efficient forums & help groups I have come across! Thanks all & keep up the dialogue Cheers Dave

Hi Roly I have corrected the spelling mistakes several things don't work on the software, photo sliders etc & spellcheck as you type, I have moved it across from a few different laptops & I have downloaded fresh software. If I could get the slider(s) working I would have had set a few things diff'..

Have a great weekend! Cheers Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Davora View Post
    If anyone would like to suggest an alternative lay out/navigation & the benefits of this please do so not offence will be taken!! so please keep the suggestions coming!!

....over the last 12 years I have used s range of web designers etc..& most gave appauling service & were so slow to respond they couldn't catch a snail reverse, but charged alot for their services, so I gave up on them!!
    Good for you! So, as you are learning to become the web designer you were always looking for, you could perhaps incorporate some of the input given here into your design and post the results. That would definitely help members to assist you in your design process.

Hi Dave, you mention fresh software, what software are you using and which version? You might also want to reopen your software by right clicking on the icon and run as an administrator, you only need to do this once. This often fixes a number of problems.

Ciao

Roly