Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How can I print the used grid or guidelines in a document?

Dear friends How can I print the grid or guidelines using Xara?
    In Indesign I can print the document including the grid or guidelines, but I dont see this option in Xara.

Another question, Xara cant print bleeding margin marks like Indesign?

Thank you very much.

Default Re: How can I print the used grid or guidelines in a document?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The only way I can think of is to do a screenshot (Print Screen) then paste the screenshot of the grid on Layer 1.

Go to Print > Options and you can find the Imagesetting options
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	print options.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	115152  

Most print shops that I have worked in have had different bleed sizes most around 2 mm but I worked in one which used 4 mm. When you turn on "Overprint Line" from the Utilities -> Imagesetting menu you will see that the Bleed margin has extended by 3 mm (default) so therefore you should extend your drawing to cover that area. Then when you do what Gary stated and select from the Print menu then select Options and select "Output to Printer's Mark" you will find that all the print info will be printed when you output to PDF. The PDF export filter outputs its page with a 2mm bleed area which will result in a format of 30.1 x 21.4cm which is for A4 page size. In most of my work which was sent to printers I used manual trim marks which was set up for the larger SAR 3 which is 450 mm x 320 mm and meant that I got 2 x A4 sheets per page and these trim marks were save as a template.

Using the info you can get from your printer about what Page size that they use will save you money as there would be no setting out charge and you can also be certain that the imposition of pages can be done properly as well. Only time that I wanted a grid printed on paper was planing layouts for magazines to show clients and this could be done using lines broken or not broken. Would use the blend tool for this. If you need any more info please come back.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thank you!!

I have plans to buy Xara Designer. Do you known if last version of XARA can print or export PDF/X-4 ?

No PDF/X-4

It's been asked for, not provided.

One can emulate PDF/X-4 but it requires Acrobat to set the flag so it would pass an automatic checking system. All images will be in the RGB color space--Xara applications have no CMYK image support. This isn't an issue, though. Color space for RGB is limited to sRGB, so no point in using another RGB profile if you pre-process images before importing.

All CMYK elements will pass onto the PDF as long as they are properly colored as CMYK and are tagged as such (as are the RGB images).

Mike