Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multnomah falls

Default Multnomah falls

Our best friends from back home in Washington State, sent us tickets to attend their daughters wedding, then took us to all our favorite places. Was a wonderful time and wish we could move back. This is a shot of Multnomah falls, up the Columbia River gorge, hope you enjoy it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4726.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	115151  

Default Re: Multnomah falls

Great picture of a great place. Nice hike up to the (very) top, too.

would you believe I hiked up to the very top once too. Now, using a cane and sometimes a walker, these old legs just wont do. BUT, I have that memory!!

Hi Tim--I do believe it. There are a lot of people that make the hike. We use to do it once a month or so from spring to fall. But like yourself, I have physical limitations these days that would prevent it.

I too have wonderful memories of the trek, though. Most of those memories revolve around when our own children were young but also one of our grandkids use to walk with us up there. I won't be able to go with the current crop of grandkids, but they will go with their parents once a tad older and so the tradition will continue.

Best regards, Mike

Great photo and good to read the reminiscences.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

You used to live there didn't you Tim, before you guys moved back east? Nice photo.

Yes, we lived in Vancouver, Washington just across the Columbia river from Portland Oregon. After 19 years away, I still can't call Pittsburgh area as home. As soon as we got off the plane, I told Melonie, my wife, "we're home". Perhaps some way, we will figure out a way to make it possible to move back.

Lovely photo. Did you do any adjustments to the original, and if so, with what?

This reminded me of an On1 tutorial with a waterfall. You may want to take a look. The author modified the colour of the water, amongst other things. The process is quite involved and I have been wondering if the same or similar can be done in Xara with the new (existing and external FX) filters. I haven't looked at them yet.

John
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

I added a touch contrast using the Nikon software that came with my camera. I have not used Xara for post on any of my photos yet. The software that came with my camera offers minimal adjustments for .jpeg and a few more for raw processing. To be honest, I'm saving all my extra change for Lightroom 6.0, once I buy it I will shoot only raw and get more involved with post.
    Now, before everyone goes crazy, I have nothing against Xara photo processing, I just like the filing system that is part of Lightroom and the way it is laid out.

I hope this answers your question, and thanks for your comment..

Looks to be a beautiful place Tim.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.