Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Is it just me, or does X 1.0c not save the default page settings like it should? Page settings and ruler settings don't seem to stick, but other options do.

My copy of X, BTW, did something really strange the other day. I lost my grab handles. Even after rebooting the machine, all objects in X would not display the handles! Made it a little tricky to do anything. An uninstall and reinstall from the CD got it working again... but it sure was odd!

Is it just me, or does X 1.0c not save the default page settings like it should? Page settings and ruler settings don't seem to stick, but other options do.

My copy of X, BTW, did something really strange the other day. I lost my grab handles. Even after rebooting the machine, all objects in X would not display the handles! Made it a little tricky to do anything. An uninstall and reinstall from the CD got it working again... but it sure was odd!

That happened to me once and I found the "view handles" had been turned off by accident. No idea why, but you might want to check your settings.

That's embarassing. Thanks, Smorg. I never even noticed that little button before. I'm reminded of the story I just read on The Onion: "Area Man Less Capable Than Own Watch". Definitely a case of that happening right here!

Create a new document the way you want it to be...page size, rulers, etc. Then go to file save template... and give it a name and check the use as default option. I changed mine from the standard 800x600 to US letter portrait. It works.

Glenn
    Glenn

Page and ruler settings are saved per document while other settings, such as object handles, are saved globally (i.e. in the registry when Xara closes). The default page, ruler, palette and some other settings come from the document saved as the default template.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean