Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Affinity Designer now released for windows

With my main PCs I get 0% always ). On laptops (x3 with 2 of XD 365, 2 XWD 365, and 1 XPGD) and on notebook. CPU load is always normal.
    PS: After studying more - I realized that Affinity is not for me). NOT now. Got a refund for Affinity.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-11-28_014024.png 
Views:	195 
Size:	4.5 KB 
ID:	115240

I purchased all the affinity products and I am very happy with them. I had to move away from Xara due to the lack of support for Mac OSX.

Bought it - Like it enough - Great potential - But, Xara is still (for me), the most intuitive, fastest and easiest way to get a huge variety of projects done.

Yes, it has some features the could/should be it Xara but, not nearly enough for me to make a switch... Xara is just too versatile.

But I'm glad I bought it as I am a long time supporter of Serif due to the years and years of allowing me to work in excellent apps at prices I could afford.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Yes I agree Affinity Designer is nice but Xara will remain my main workhorse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

1.6 version of Affinity Designer now in the works, and it includes a light UI mode
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmLvfIiDCwE
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Another new feature they are working on...

https://youtu.be/G9prknV4X2Q

hope brush stabilisation is implemented in affinity photo as well as designer, it's turning out that I'm using photo more

I think the light UI will be a good too
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'm interested in AD but I did not try it because I read that it doesn't support boolean operations on groups. The next two things I'd insist on are ClipView or any handling of intersections that is just as fast, and I cannot work with software that needs me to hold shift/alt/ctrl while doing something with the mouse. I'm pretty sure Affinity and Inkscape are not easy to use for me.

Your impressions are incorrect as regards Boolean operations and clipping objects into another as regards AD. There are more options for Boolean operations in AD than in XDP and clipping one or more objects into another is as easy as dragging one into another using the layer panel or creating a shortcut.

AD also has the best OpenType support of nearly any other application, CorelDraw being the lone exception (and I like CD's in-context alternates and stylistic sets method above all other applications).

Now, you also mention InkScape. While it is quite capable and worthwhile if generating SVG files (I run XDP, AD and Illy SVGs through it), I find it a pig to use.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Your impressions are incorrect as regards Boolean operations ...
    Oh, really on groups, too? Here someone said in december 2016 they would need to repeat the operation. https://forum.affinity.serif.com/ind...admap/&page=36
    To bring my work on AD 100% I would ask 3 main features.

. Boolean with groups and not only with a sngle object.

Now I have to repeat the Boolean a lot of times.

I've created a little picture to show what I mean:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boolops_on_groups.png 
Views:	142 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	119037

It looks like I should test AD. What you say sounds really cool.
    My experience with buying and using DrawPlus has been "okay", though, it crashed actually at the parts that were left out in the demo.