Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Images disappear after scrolling

I just did a simple website using one of the Xara themes. I have four images on the one page website. When you first go to the site, everything is fine. But after you scroll down, the images disappear. You can click on the vacant space and the the image pop-up appears but when you click off the image disappears.

Any suggestions?

www.inails-noblesville.com is the one page website with the problem.

Default Re: Images disappear after scrolling

I am not having that problem Bob. But in Firefox, I have a bookmark menu on the left side of the browser and the headline is cut off. But I tried scrolling in Firefox, Edge, and Chrome with no problems.

Interesting... I've tried in Chrome, Firefox, and IE and on all 3, after scrolling to bottom then scrolling back up the images are not showing. I tried on my cell phone and it worked OK.

I need to setup a Tabloid version. I have the Desktop version set fairly large. I had trouble with the header image getting cropped and text overlays messing up - that is probably why the headline is cutoof on your end.

I will see if I can troubleshoot on my end, why on my PC Windows 7 Pro, why the images disappear when scrolling back up from the bottom. Thanks for your quick reply.

Hi Bob, using Chrome on a Samsung Galaxy when I scroll down and then back up the top two images don't reappear. What I noticed is the top two images go behind the menu bar whereas the other two go on top.

Hi Bob I can see the problem. What template are you using?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Bob I can see the problem. What template are you using?
    I'm using the FRESH theme. I didn't modify much, just deleted some items and replaced the photos. For the bottom two photo/text sections, I copied and pasted the top two photo/text sections and then replaced the images and text.

Thanks, James for your input. I didn't notice before how the bottom two image/text sections go on top of the menu bar.

I may just delete all and start over and create text boxes and images myself. Or... just do it Wordpress.

I removed the images and replaced them (with same image). Also unlinked as variants. Images showed up as normal when scrolling up or down. All fixed.

Then I decided to add animation to the images. After adding Reveal Animations - slide in from bottom, the images did not show up.

I modified animations. Top welcome image set to Instant. Next 2 images set to Slide in from Bottom. Last image set to Instant. The Instant images (top & bottom) show up. The middle 2 with animations do not show up.

I will set all to instant in a little while. It appears Reveal Animations are not working with this theme.

I may just redo in Wordpress - that way I don't have to create Mobile or Tabloid versions and can add animations.

EDIT: I just checked in IE & Firefox and Chrome Incognito and animations seem to be working. Probably a caching issue with Chrome when I wrote above. I left above text just in case someone else experiences same issue.
    Last edited by BobfromCA; 17 November 2016 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Problem solved

Attach your web/xar file Bob. Let's see if we can pinpoint the cause.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Attach your web/xar file Bob. Let's see if we can pinpoint the cause.
    Thanks for the offer.

I've messed with the files now and all seems to be working OK. Took longer than it should have because I had too many things linked to variants and I would change it on Mobile and then realize it messed up the Main. Then I added a Tabloid version and made the same mistake and had to redo everything again. I ended up selecting all and releasing Variant linking - made life much easier.

I still have the original .web file, but probably not worth the time to troubleshoot it. Thanks anyway.