Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pro X365 Content Pack & Galleries Not Loading / Not Showing

I never had this problem with Xara until 365. The galleries were always available/showed in previous versions. I installed the content pack and have the galleries checked under the utilities tab. What am I missing?

Thanks,
    Steve

Exclamation Re: Pro X365 Content Pack & Galleries Not Loading / Not Showing

Quote Originally Posted by ssg_7 View Post
    I never had this problem with Xara until 365. The galleries were always available/showed in previous versions. I installed the content pack and have the galleries checked under the utilities tab. What am I missing?
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Steve, you are juggling three separate things: Content Installer, the On-line Content Catalogue and the Local Designs gallery.

The Content Installer:
    It does not include any content for the Content Catalog / Designs Gallery - this is downloaded instantly on demand, but it does install into Windows fonts that are used by that content.
    Xara now expect you to use the On-line Content Catalogue to find any required object, web artefact, image or theme using this.
    The downloaded item is then stored locally in a next of folders in the Local designs gallery so it looks as if you have much more than it actually there.
    Note: Xara has also expunged the Find... function from the Local Designs gallery so you are forced to use the On-line Content Catalogue.

Unintended Consequences
    1. You must be connected to the Internet.
    2. You must have a current subscription - sorry, strike that word out, be in an update service contract with Xara.
    3. If none of the above, no access to content you've not used and no means to find what you have used.

All is not dark.
    For each of the five top folders (or those nested), you can right-click and select Download All.
    This will place over 2GB of content into a local cache folder.
    You still cannot find it locally, you still need the On-line Content Catalogue.
    Oh dear, you're out of cover so no Find for you.

The Download All needs to be done while still under service cover.

So you get all these in-cover updates.
    Should you have to re-install the application, it reverts to the version you purchased and so all the glitz you built your sites with are there locally but functionally they may not perform as they may require the updated application.

Current Problems
    Your Download All content may disappear - Xara are looking into this.
    Some new Smart Shapes are refusing to download - Xara are looking into this.

So, in summary, pay your dues and always be connected.

You could buy a CD with all the content, which will not have the new features. Good luck in trying to find things when you no long can access the On-line Content Catalogue. I have written an MS Excel utility to do just this so I'm covered but it is a sorry state of affairs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Pro X365 Content Pack & Galleries Not Loading / Not Showing

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Steve, you are juggling three separate things: Content Installer, the On-line Content Catalogue and the Local Designs gallery.

The Content Installer:
    Xara now expect you to use the On-line Content Catalogue to find any required object, web artefact, image or theme using this.
    The downloaded item is then stored locally in a next of folders in the Local designs gallery so it looks as if you have much more than it actually there.
    Note: Xara has also expunged the Find... function from the Local Designs gallery so you are forced to use the On-line Content Catalogue.

Unintended Consequences
    1. You must be connected to the Internet.
    2. You must have a current subscription - sorry, strike that word out, be in an update service contract with Xara.
    3. If none of the above, no access to content you've not used and no means to find what you have used.

All is not dark.
    For each of the five top folders (or those nested), you can right-click and select Download All.
    This will place over 2GB of content into a local cache folder.
    You still cannot find it locally, you still need the On-line Content Catalogue.
    Oh dear, you're out of cover so no Find for you.

The Download All needs to be done while still under service cover.

So you get all these in-cover updates.
    Should you have to re-install the application, it reverts to the version you purchased and so all the glitz you built your sites with are there locally but functionally they may not perform as they may require the updated application.

Current Problems
    Your Download All content may disappear - Xara are looking into this.
    Some new Smart Shapes are refusing to download - Xara are looking into this.

So, in summary, pay your dues and always be connected.

You could buy a CD with all the content, which will not have the new features. Good luck in trying to find things when you no long can access the On-line Content Catalogue. I have written an MS Excel utility to do just this so I'm covered but it is a sorry state of affairs.

Acorn
    Thanks for the detailed response, Acorn. I just upgraded a few months ago so I'm good for at least another 7 to 8 months. However, I prefer the old system better. Maybe it will just take getting used to, but the subscription model and the way the service works could be better. I'll try your suggestions.

Thanks,
    Steve