Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What Google’s Mobile-First Indexing Means to You and Your Website

Default Re: What Google’s Mobile-First Indexing Means to You and Your Website

Does this mean my website has to be designed and coded as mobile-first?

No not all. But it does mean you want to make sure the mobile version of your website presents the same content as the traditional desktop version.
    That strikes me as a bit extreme. If all mobile devices had the same download speed as a desktop computer it still would not make sense because you are dealing with two very different size screens. The content needs to be edited for the smaller screen.

What do I know.

Of course, while our index will be built from mobile documents, we’re going to continue to build a great search experience for all users, whether they come from mobile or desktop devices.
    Yes, I frequently feel that I have had a great search experience. I consider it a good experience if I find what I am searching for. But I rarely feel rapturous.

Default Re: What Google’s Mobile-First Indexing Means to You and Your Website

I think this means that mobile sites will eventually drive desktop site content. Desktops will fade away and eventually everything will be mobile. Although we're not there yet, in the future your cell phone will be implanted in your head and you'll see the content through some display and perhaps neural interface. Although that's a bit speculative, it is the way things are headed. So, I think it makes complete sense that mobile site content will drive desktop content. That probably means smaller and simpler pages for desktops.

It's fortunate that Xara Web Designer allows duplicate content to be made easily, so no problem for this community.