Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Diamond Effect

I wanted to know if someone can help me to create a diamond effect like the one in the picture where it says ball til ya fall? Can this be done with photoimpact?

http://www.djarson.com/projects/Ball...%202002_lg.jpg
    IP

I wanted to know if someone can help me to create a diamond effect like the one in the picture where it says ball til ya fall? Can this be done with photoimpact?

http://www.djarson.com/projects/Ball...%202002_lg.jpg
    IP

You can easily fill 3D or 2D text with any texture like that in PI. Get yourself a seamless tiling texture and choose Edit, Fill, Image tab, File. This doesn't look particularly sparkly to me, like I'd expect from a diamond. You could try filling text with some of the EasyPalette's Material Gallery fills.

Stephanie

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    IP

Hey Jay,

I know what you mean about the diamond texture. I wrote a few weeks ago about the way that this company "Pen & Pixel Graphics" you might know that they have designed CD Jackets for Master P, Juvenile, C-Murder, Mystical, and so so on... I have some examples in the "3D Graphics gallery if you want to see them. Also, some members have posted examples on how that diamond effect can be achieved. There's also a topic in the "Xara X" forum where the moderator had a challenge for the fun of it where you can design your own CD cover. I did one called "Duble G's". I used a photo of a diamond as a texture in the CD's title "Deadly Mindz" check it out if you can or want to. See ya later.

RJ Swift
    (e-mail: mmpact2@hotmail.com)
    IP

RJ can you help me achieve what i'm trying to get at. not sure how to actually go about the diamond effect. i use photoshop and pi. not too good with pi though. just a beginner..i want to see the 3d graphic gallery
    IP

What up, Jay?

For me, I took a picture of a diamond's surface and then edited it in MGI Photosuite 3 by taking peices that I wanted and kept multiplying them untill I had what I wanted. Then, I went into a program called "Pixel 3D" and used them as textures on my 3D text. Then, I went into Photoshop and tweaked the image and added "star" effects using Eyecandy 4000 It's a photoshop plug-in. I'm still not good at it, though. I'm still learning myself. I'm still learning how to use PI, too, so I don't know how to help you there. Sorry about that. But if I learn before you do, then I will be back to tell you how I do it.

Seeya' later.
    RJ Swift
    IP

RJ can you email me some of the dimaond effect you've done before. maybe what you've done already i might be looking for. thanks

double00n@yahoo.com
    IP