Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation bar not working

Just updated from Designer to Premium, picked a new navigation bar and it doesn't seem to work. It displays fine on all the pages and when you have the mouse over a button, the link to where a click should take you shows correctly (Chrome), but clicking it doesn't do anything. I've tried both relative addresses ("page: contacts") and absolute ("www.baxeldata.com/2015/contacts.htm") without success.

When the site first loads and the index page is presented, clicking a button will work correctly that one time. Once that page is displayed, you can't go anywhere else. Things worked fine in plain old Designer, so this is rather frustrating - to say nothing about not having a working site!

www.baxeldata.com

Edit: I closed Xara, opened a browser and now it appears to work!? Could having the designer open interfere with normal browser operation?
    Last edited by dgbaxter; 12 November 2016 at 04:48 AM. Reason: New information

Default Re: Navigation bar not working

Hi, works fine for me. I tried a site opened in Xara and browser open and both worked.

Ciao

Roly

All seems clean and functioning here. Perhaps following lots of uploads, your local browser cache needs purging.

Try another browser if OK use Ctrl+F5 in your original browser to clear its cache.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

dgbaxter - Welcome to TalkGraphics!

Were you previewing in the Xara preview browser? That can sometimes be a bit wonky.

I think the mouse over state of your buttons is too subtle. Maybe make the inner glow on the mouse over button a bit brighter.

And by default the mouse over action is a bit slow. I prefer the effect to be faster. If you agree, right click on the nav bar then select Web Animation and change the MouseOver Effect (bottom of dialog) from Normal to Fast)

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    dgbaxter - Welcome to TalkGraphics!

Were you previewing in the Xara preview browser? That can sometimes be a bit wonky.

I think the mouse over state of your buttons is too subtle. Maybe make the inner glow on the mouse over button a bit brighter.

And by default the mouse over action is a bit slow. I prefer the effect to be faster. If you agree, right click on the nav bar then select Web Animation and change the MouseOver Effect (bottom of dialog) from Normal to Fast)
    Thanks for the tips! I'll be taking another look at things in the cold light of dawn. There's a little bit of wet paint I guess. Yes, it was the preview browser.

Cool!