Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm not sure if this person did anything other than translate my tutorial into PSP.

It would be like publishing a novel, originally written in Spanish, or any other language, into English and then putting your name on it.

Well, at least I got credit :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

http://pages.prodigy.net/alexander9/heartut/heart.html

Well, he did a rather nice heart tut that I think I'll try in XARA. A little simpler than some I've tried, so maybe I'll finish it? Maybe you could rewrite it and give him the credit?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Ain't life a kick?

DM

We are not so gross as to ask ages in this conference, however my guess is you have been out of grammar school for a few years and consider yourself an adult and as such maybe don't need hand holding :-)

My point is this, looking at the technique in the heart tutorial, and using some of Judi Assony's cool calico fills found in The XaraXone Fills and Brushes Page why not see if you can figure out the necessary steps in Xara to recreate the heart shape and take it a step farther.

If you need a heart shape, use the text tool to create a single character, highlight it and change the font to Zapf Dingbats. Hold down the Alt key and on your keyboard's Numberic Keyboard, press 0164.

Add a bevel of your choice.

We eagerly await your results :-)

Gary
    (please excuse me for being snide)

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

Well Gary, I'd hazard to say I am about your age (but holding a lot better). However, as one who has stood back silently while the more aggresive has sort of tromped all over me, and my bank book, I say NO MORE. TURN ABOUT IS FAIR PLAY.

Actually, I was sort of thinking your solution, I knew I would want to visit Judi's Calico Tuts to pull it off. But, Jee, maybe I should do a Tut? Hmmmm....well,Don't hold your breath. Of course, I will be careful to Give Credit where Credit is due. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Ain't life a kick?

My grandma used to say "If you don't stop giggling in there and go to sleep, I'll give you something to cry about!"

Huh?

I found that page doing a search on Paint Shop Pro tutorials. I daresay that Gary's tuts are all OVER the 'net, cause they're easy enough to understand and good enough to transfer to other programs.

Can't turn around and kick back everyone, or you'll soon have the reputation of a mule.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

'Nuf said.

DM

Sorry to be so strident. Please accept my apologies.

I suspected you were closer to my age, 39 :-) (Well I was 39 a few decades ago).

Try to figure out that heart tutorial on your own. If you need help, ask and we'll help. It's just that sometimes when you tough something out, you retain the knowledge longer and the experience is more positive and rewarding.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...