Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Server side activity

Am I right in thinking that Xara is great for creating static web pages, but cannot deal with server side issues, like setting up an SQL database, and creating an interactive environment? I'd like to be able to adapt my websites to have a members only area, and a message board or similar to share information and photos for example. I know I'm pushing it, but I don't want to go back to PHP and Javascript.

Default Re: Server side activity

Quote Originally Posted by brocsman View Post
    Am I right in thinking that Xara is great for creating static web pages, but cannot deal with server side issues, like setting up an SQL database, and creating an interactive environment? I'd like to be able to adapt my websites to have a members only area, and a message board or similar to share information and photos for example. I know I'm pushing it, but I don't want to go back to PHP and Javascript.
    You've summed it up.
    If you have hooks into server-side scripting then you can create a page with a widget calling such but Xara offerings are never interactive. That said, they can deliver impressive results.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Server side activity

Thanks for that. Back to the books!