Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: FTP error: Timeout was reached

Hi Acorn

I'm not exactly a new user ;-) ....but here goes

Yes, lots of graphics and pages, but LESS than before the issue showed up as the upload is to update.

64bit, 16gb, i7 etc.

Yep, cleared memory and all cache, and even tried a fresh reboot.

The problem happens with EVERY one of the 5 sites that I am trying to upload to various hosts, and with a different file stuck on each.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Hi Acorn

I'm not exactly a new user ;-) ....but here goes

Yes, lots of graphics and pages, but LESS than before the issue showed up as the upload is to update.

64bit, 16gb, i7 etc.

Yep, cleared memory and all cache, and even tried a fresh reboot.

The problem happens with EVERY one of the 5 sites that I am trying to upload to various hosts, and with a different file stuck on each.
    Cheers Stewart, I've not uploaded anything major myself recently as I've found the product unstable in other areas but I will be doing so soon.
    If I get any hiccoughs, I'll report in,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

No problem Acorn, and I'll let you know how I get on with support, but to be honest I've been extremely disappointed in Xara support as since i raised the ticket, they replied once on the same day with registry adjustment that didn't do anything, and despite prompting more than once haven't bothered ti give any kind of reply or even acknowledgement in over a week.

Only my, very, long term loyalty to the software and company is keeping me using it as things stand.

Hi I'm on a Windows 10 machine with WD18, I've tried all the suggestions here except raising a support ticket but I'm still getting FTP time out reached. Anyone solved the problem. It was fine a couple of weeks ago.
    Thanks
    Steve

This is a question that often pops-up. One reason miay be your not setting up the Other Web Hosting / Connect using then using ftp as opposed to FTPS etc.

Do a Google search site:www.talkgraphics.com + FTP error Timeout was reached leaving a gap after the com

Look at this thread.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host