Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Hobeaux Rococeaux from Oh no Type

Here's an unusual one. Most of you probably have a Hobo font on a hard drive, but Hobeaux Rococeaux is a horse of a different colour.
    Lovingly made, it's a nice font for display purposes. Have a read of The Process of Hobeaux, it's an entertaining article and there are a couple of others on
    the same page featuring other Oh no fonts that may pique your interest.

I was disappointed to discover that there is no fill to the font, only outlines, so you can't just type away using the colour of your choice for the outlines and
    another colour for the fill. I had to draw around the shapes individually for each character and recolour the resulting shapes. So basically I ended up with two
    sets of vector characters one outline and one fill. So it's fiddly to say the least of you want more than just a one colour outline as shown in the top of the
    three examples in my attachment. But if you do make the effort the end result is very pleasing.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hobeaux Rococeaux.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	218.2 KB 
ID:	114919  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Hobeaux Rococeaux from Oh no Type

I don't claim to be an expert on fonts bob - but if you have outlines can you not clone, convert to editable shape, then break shape [doing all of them at once and might be an ungroup or two in the mix]

nice work
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks, Steve.
    After the convert & break shapes operation, only the join and add shapes options are available, the rest are greyed out.
    Ungrouping helps, but the results are mixed, but in any case all can be used but the O and the B need a bit of slicing to remove unwanted parts.
    Still, it's much quicker than my original method ~ a life saver! Thanks, mate.

Name:	break shapes.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	114922   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hobeaux 2.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	114923  

** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

glad it was useful bob

I admire your patience; me, I just don't have it...
    break shapes sold xara to me 13 years ago, that and freehand stroke shapes; and they still are the features I use most for cartooning with a wacom, very quick when you get the hang of it
    Nothing lasts forever...

I knew of the break shapes option, but never got around to seeing what the capabilities were. Probably not being aware of the ungrouping step is the reason.
    Still, it's certainly sped up my workflow using this font.
    Bob.

Name:	Dos Arbolitos.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	114936  

always something to investigate/learn...

now if someone could only tell me how to fix, as in commit, the art brush rendering, other than by grouping, I would be happier to use them more often; grouping slows the workflow down - I'm tweaking the hardware, but I have a feeling some lag may always be there during zoom....

I'm all for fast workflow...
    Nothing lasts forever...