Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: unable to find website

Are you using Google Web Master Tools?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I am now, but finding them difficult to understand. It would help tremendously if the xara manual covered this also.

Why have you got both versions of your site available at the same time?

When you publish your site, by default Xara gives the webpages an .htm file extension. However there is nothing stopping you forcing the file extension to .html. Just add the l to the end, so index.htm becomes index.html as you publish. All the other pages will also then have the .html extension.

I suggest you delete all the content of your old site & upload the new Xara content when your ready to launch it. That way Google & other links to index.html remain valid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	htm2html.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	114944  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Glad you said that, it is my customer being difficult about closing the old one until account expires. Terminology used in them is far too similar and they created web address without proper consultation.

Cheers for help

Re changing file extension to html how and where do I do this?

The easiest way to do this is to change the Page Filename to index.html (see attached)

And remember to give your home page a meaningful title to help the search engines find your content. About 12 words is good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web properties.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	114962