Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warping text

Default Re: Warping text

pretty sure you cannot add points to the mould shape envelopes
    No you can't, but you can slice a shape into numerous other shapes, select mould and adjust their four point shapes for each one individually. Gary suggested this in his earlier post whereby 'fis' and 'h' were treated as different moulds. In the attachment all four characters are independant shapes with moulds applied.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warping-text.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	114902  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply and just wanted to let you know that my comment was in no way a defamatory statement about XaraX. I have been using all your products for the last 12 years and it is my go to program for everything involving graphics and text. I have never tried using the text warping function so I was groping around in the dark. I think I'm getting the gist of your reply and will attempt to hone my skills. Also could you give me some advice on adding points to a line so that I can get more control over fine-tuning the warp. Thanks to both you and Gary. I always find the answers I need at this website.

Manny
    Mesh warp has been oft requested. It would be a great addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    No you can't, but you can slice a shape into numerous other shapes, select mould and adjust their four point shapes for each one individually. Gary suggested this in his earlier post whereby 'fis' and 'h' were treated as different moulds. In the attachment all four characters are independant shapes with moulds applied.
    which is fine if your slices are discrete [seperate objects], but time consuming if they are not because you would need to get the slices aligned and placed together precisely; it would still be quicker with a mesh warp I think; maybe even the shape editor tool, as Tony R mentioned
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Just like it.... This is great to point out here!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fish-Text-Wrap.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	114906

except your image was done in adobe imageready
    busted
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

In case anyone forgot how to use Tony Roberts moulds. Very useful for lots of shapes but with regard the Fish text, it was quick and easy as Bob has said using the default envelope mould.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Applying moulds.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	114912