Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warping text

Default Warping text

Hi, I just saw some pretty good warp text to shape tutorials for Adobe Illustrator and it got me to wondering if I could do the same with My Xara Pro 11. I was particularly impressed with just the warping of the word FISH to fit into the shape of a fish. I tried doing it as a basic lesson but could get the control in Xara. Hoping that you address this in future upgrades. Thanks.

Manny

Default Re: Warping text

3 Steps in 30 seconds using the Warp Tool in Xara P & G D (Elliptical Envelope)
    Then convert to editable shapes and ungroup then flip the H.
    The more time I could have spent would have improved it, but there's nothing wrong with Xara.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	114887  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Back in 2011, Tony Roberts designed a series of warped shapes that you can download and use http://archive.xaraxone.com/html/ton...rts_molds.html

I did this mold using two shapes: FIS and H.

Name:	fish.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	114891  

Good job, Gary, well remembered!
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Here's another:

Name:	fish-shape.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	114894  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Back in 2011, Tony Roberts designed a series of warped shapes that you can download and use http://archive.xaraxone.com/html/ton...rts_molds.html

I did this mold using two shapes: FIS and H.
    If I am not mistaken a custom envelope can also be made. I was trying to do that some time ago following Tony's suggestions but don't remember if I succeeded or not. Don't remember how it is done either. Any suggestions anyone?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for the quick reply and just wanted to let you know that my comment was in no way a defamatory statement about XaraX. I have been using all your products for the last 12 years and it is my go to program for everything involving graphics and text. I have never tried using the text warping function so I was groping around in the dark. I think I'm getting the gist of your reply and will attempt to hone my skills. Also could you give me some advice on adding points to a line so that I can get more control over fine-tuning the warp. Thanks to both you and Gary. I always find the answers I need at this website.

Manny

Excellent, Manny. Glad we could help.

pretty sure you cannot add points to the mould shape envelopes
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...