Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara WD365 Browser Caching, Render-blocking and numberation?

Hi all,

I purchased Xara WD 365 to update the website for the company I've just started at (www.supersips.uk.com) and have a few questions that I can't find the answers for with my google-fu.

Reviewing the site on PageSpeed Insights shows that I need to do the following:

1. Leverage Browser Caching
    2. Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Is there any way of doing this using Xara? Could I use Names to add <Cache-Control: max-age=...> tags to help with (1)?

Lastly, is there a way of using numberation to navigate the news pages? I'm adding a page every day, or every other day just having left/right arrow link buttons is pretty unwieldy and I don't want a navbar that just lists every single page as it will get too long too quickly.

Thanks in advance for any replies; this site is always consistently at the top of the searches I have had to do in the past two weeks since purchasing the software and is a great resource.

Default Re: Xara WD365 Browser Caching, Render-blocking and numberation?

Hi Tobylee,

1) This is a server side function. You can google "Leverage Browser Caching" and the first few results will tell you what to do.
    2) This isn't possibly to change in Xara, it prevents certain objects from appearing before they have fully loaded, such as slideshows for example, otherwise for a brief moment (or however long it takes to load the appropriate files) your website will look very much out of place from your design.

Thanks
    Rob

Thanks for the reply, Rob.

I had a look on our webhosting site yesterday but couldn't see anything regarding the browser caching - I'll have another look now!

Usually it involves editing the HTACCESS file if you have access to that, take a look at this from searching in Google: https://gtmetrix.com/leverage-browser-caching.html

Thanks Rob,

I had to create .htaccess file on the server and enable it that way but it works! Thanks again.