Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Facebook In-App Browser Problems

Anyone else having problems on Android (Galaxy Tablets etc.) in how their Xara websites are displayed with the Facebook In-App browser?

None of 5 websites that I've done work within Facebooks In-App browser correctly (text overflows, image position issues, etc.) all work perfectly well in all other browsers & on IPad, IPhone!?

Cheers,
    Ron

Default Re: Facebook In-App Browser Problems

Welcome to TalkGraphics Ron

Check back, I am sure one of our savvy members will have an answer.

Hi Ron, I believe this is a known problem of Facebook inApp browser, not an issue caused by Xara.

I believe there's a newer one in the pipeline. Appears to me that the majority of people are trying to turn the current browser off.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Page rendering
    Pages can also render differently (and certainly less reliably), again an issue worth testing in detail if social referrals are a part of your traffic acquisition strategy.
    Source

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for reply,
    Yes, seems most of Google search points to how to switch the Facebook In-App browser off (That must say something!). I didn't think it was an Xara issue just wanted to see if there is any work around as some sites I've done are promoted on Facebook & FB is a very important marketing avenue. Saw some feedback from one person who said 'site is awful' but that was only because they viewed in FB scaled down browser. Concern is how many think that but don't ask why, many users won't have the slightest idea they are even viewing in an FB browser!
    I hope FB come out with a better up scaled browser method as really don't want to re-design sites just because FB changes the goal posts!!
    Cheers,
    Ron