Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Again, major problems creating and manipulating photo selections (or masks)

OK thanks Acorn,

so in order to edit the Mask layer, I still have to use the Pages & Layers Gallery, correct? Or is there an even easier way to edit the Mask layer?

Default Re: Again, major problems creating and manipulating photo selections (or masks)

Quote Originally Posted by David.P View Post
    OK thanks Acorn,
    so in order to edit the Mask layer, I still have to use the Pages & Layers Gallery, correct? Or is there an even easier way to edit the Mask layer?
    No, though I do.
    There is a Shortcut Ctrl+M that toggles into and out of the Mask layer.

If fact, Ctrl+M also creates the Mask layer as well.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn, will try that!

DP, I finally get your problem.

For a Mask to do its job, it has to be locked. This happens at the Layer level.
    To be able to manipulate the Shapes in the Mask layer, you need to be able to select them. They cannot when the Mask layer is locked.

So the answer to your ask about whether you need to use the Page & Layer gallery is, unfortunately, yes.

This is how I get to the shapes on the Mask layer.
    I click on the Mask layer in the Page & Layer gallery. This unlocks the layer.
    If the layer is collapsed, I click on the small arrowhead on the left.
    The first step can be subsumed by the second, if you remember.
    I then click on the masking shape and move or edit.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    For a Mask to do its job, it has to be locked.
    Hmm, and why is that so?

Quote Originally Posted by David.P View Post
    Hmm, and why is that so?
    Simply to avoid it being moved in error.

Acorn

OK, thank you.