Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: How do you align text in a NavBar so they align centres vertically?

It turns out to be fascinating as to what you can and cannot do.

@GaryP - you can always add a second line with the Text Tool directly to the "simple text", even when the NavBar is fully grouped.
    What you cannot do is add it through the Edit NavBar window, which ignores line feeds.

@delver - you have found a weakness in Xara'a approach to text boxes, which are no use here as only "simple text" is allowed.
    I will raised this as a general text feature request. It probably will not not percolate through to NavBars through.

I build my own NavBars from Buttons and Layers - much more control - images, different rollover effects, different styles of menus.
    I also prefer using CSS NavBars over Xara' solution as an alternative.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@GaryP - you can always add a second line with the Text Tool directly to the "simple text", even when the NavBar is fully grouped.
    What you cannot do is add it through the Edit NavBar window, which ignores line feeds.
    Smack upside the head! I thought there was a way but I totally forget editing the lines of text on the button. That said, do the edits retain the text being centered on the button. And I guess I know the answer. Just try it out.

AND THE ANSWER IS? It works. Preview attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 29 October 2016 at 06:44 PM.

Something is wrong with the second line of the mouse-over of some of the buttons. Tried to correct it but didn't succeed and getting internal error messages.

You're right. Ack. Not sure what is going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post

You're right. Ack. Not sure what is going on there.
    When you twiddle with line feeds and line spacing, Xara doesn't carry over the MouseOff ? MouseOver pairing at all well.

I have tried with both layers visible but found the safest way is to solo lock each and apply the same changes separately.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Feature? Or Bug? You decide.