Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara web designer pages using ECWID e-commerce

Hi, message for moderator, this is a duplicate thread, the original is post #11 in the following link http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...rt-forms/page2 The reason for the duplicate is that I thought I should start a new thread instead of piggybacking on an older thread, please remove the original thread, thank you. Now for my request for help, I am considering using ECWID with XWD12P and before going too far I would certainly like to see some live examples of websites using both software. If any TG'er has developed such a site I would certainly appreciate any links to such websites to see what is possible before spending too much time and money.

Thank you in advance.

Roly
    Last edited by roly; 18 September 2016 at 03:01 PM. Reason: clarified request

Default Re: Xara web designer pages using ECWID e-commerce

Post in other Thread is now deleted.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn.

Ciao

Roly

Hi, since I was not getting a response, I figured it was time to test it myself. So I registered for the free version and 1 hour later I had a store up and running. Like all software there is a learning curve but it was not too painful or frustrating. As ECWID suggests you start by registering then opening your store and populating it, once done then you import into Xara using the placeholder on the store page.

Ciao

Roly

Hi, I forgot to mention that there is a problem with the ECWID widget, when you add your store id#, it permits 7 digits in the box when the actual id# from ECWID had 8 digits. So what I did is I went to the ID# code in the placeholders "HTML code (body) and added the last digit by hand and then clicked ok then clicked apply and ok and all was good after that.

Ciao

Roly

Hi Roly. I often think this is one of the problems with using Xara widgets. The linked site often changes attributes in the linking/embedding options rendering the Xara widget defunct. Far better to go to ECWIDS site and copy their embed code into a Xara placeholder. Same goes for YouTube etc.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg, I will do that next time.

Ciao

Roly

Hi, simply as an update, the problem mentioned in post No 5 has now been fixed by Xara, it now accepts 8 digits.

Ciao

Roly