Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: MENU ON MOBILE VARIANT NOT WORKING IN SAFARI

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
    I therefore wanted to move the menu to a pop-up layer rather than a mouse over layer, but the software doesn't let you....
    not if you use the menu maker but if you create it manually you can have it wherever you like
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
    Hi Ed, It seems to have been lost in the mix, but the reason I first got involved in this thread is because I was having trouble with the Single button nav bar approach on Windows phones. I just tried your site again and I'm guessing you've changed to this option because getting the nav bar to drop down is very temperemental, but when it does, at least the links work perfectly.

To recap for anyone who missed it. On a Windows phone, (or at least on my Windows 8.1 phone), the nav button does not respond to a tap, you have to long press it and that causes the phone's contextual menu to open as well (i.e. options to: open in new tab; copy link; share link etc), you have to tap away from this menu to close it and then usually the site menu is revealed underneath it. So, whilst you can get there in the end if you persevere, how many casual vistors will do so? Which takes me back to my original point, do we just ignore Windows phone users as inconsequential? Do we hope they'll persevere? Or do we ask Xara to try and fix this? My own theory of why it didn't work properly is because the menu is actually located on the mouse over layer and I think the clue is in the name here - it's the mouse over layer and on a desk top device the menu drops down when you hover the pointer over the nav button. Touch screen devices don't have the hover function ergo you need to tap. This doesn't work etc etc. I therefore wanted to move the menu to a pop-up layer rather than a mouse over layer, but the software doesn't let you....

This is beginning to feel like that song that anyone old enough to remember may recall - "There's a hole in my bucket dear Lisa", alternatively, Ground Hog Day.

Kind regards everyone.
    I don't recall us discussing specifically the "single button navbar", as in the pre-made navbars you get from the "Local Designs Gallery", but i could be wrong. In any case, It surprised me that the "single button navbar", being a "mouse-over", worked well for the iPhone. The standard self-constructed mouse-over didn't at all. Maybe I'll have to go back to the Popup-layer method, although the iPhone and androids definitely make up the majority of the phones out there. I don' t know.

I haven't had any trouble creating the popup function on the mobile variant. If you can get the popup layer created, you just need to make sure you "link to popup layer" on the "web properties", "Links" dialog, rather than creating a popup animation out of it.

Ideally I'd like to see Xara fix this. It's a little counter-intuitive to not have an easily implemented mobile hamburger style menu for the mobile variant that works across platforms.
    Last edited by edmiston99; 02 November 2016 at 04:50 PM.
    IP

The website there now is not the one I built.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by edmiston99 View Post
    The website there now is not the one I built.
    I am sorry that you had to reply to an inconsiderate Spammer, who has since been banned.
    They love adding their selfish garbage into old Posts, thinking they will get free backlinks as no one will care. Well, we do.

I will Close this Thread as it served its purpose.
    PM me if you think it should stay open.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP